Thursday, March 24, 2011

Keepin' Up with the Triemstras!

Man, are we going nuts here! Here's our latest...

Dan: He just got back from a lovely, carefree week in Arizona with his Dad and is bummed to be back where time stands still and the cold never goes away! (Spring popped by for a glorious day while he was gone, but it was still much nicer where he was). He did have a nice stay, hanging with the retired folks in Rio Verde and called every night with something new to tell me like "I saw a rattlesnake that had been run over but it's body was still moving!" or "We found two scorpions in the house this afternoon!" or "I think I'll head to the pool again!" I'm glad he had a great time, but I'm happier that he's home now. He will be headed to Indianapolis early tomorrow morning with Frank to promote Texcom at the Annual FDIC event. They will probably reach 6,000 users in just a few weeks!! They added 490 users in just the last 30 days! Things are moving quickly and it's exciting to watch. Dan was nominated for  Business Initiator Award from the Domino Project people, powered by amazon.com! Click here to read what our dear friend Jeremy had to say about Dan and his efforts in making communication better for first responders. 200 people were nominated (I'd tell you to vote, but it's been closed) and they will pull about 20 or so people from the top to write about in an e-book amazon is putting together. More details to follow, I'm sure!

Amanda: I've been plugging away at work, working a full-time schedule while we look to fill the open Assistant Manager spot. It is stressful doing both that job and trying to do my own, but it does make the day go faster! I really don't have any down time. And I'm hoping we hire someone soon so Dan and I can take our planned Memorial Day week trip out East (NY, Niagra Falls, Atlantic City and D.C.) Believe it or not, work sometimes is a where I go to relax! I am Casey's Matron-of-Honor for her May 21st wedding. I have devoted some serious time in helping her plan, organize and budget. I am the co-host of her Bridal Shower in April (never hosted one). In many cases, as I learned from planning my wedding, things need to be taken care of during business hours, so my old part time schedule would surly be handy right about now. Don't get me wrong, I want this challenge and let's face it, I LOVE planning events and I'm IN LOVE with DIY projects. So, I'm busy, but I like most of it. And because I can't resist a justified reason for wall painting, I look forward to helping Duane out with his master bedroom and master bath remodel.... we're at a standstill until he gets back into town. Before we know it, I'll be flying into Seattle late June for the girls only Alaskan cruise vacation! I am beyond excited to be hanging with my Mom, Aunt and Grandma!

Psst! I have a new favorite to share with everyone! This dish soap, I kid you not, is the best smelling dish soap you will ever use! I'll never use a orange or fruit smell again!

No comments:

Post a Comment