Dan and I have been in serious need of a mini-escape so Saturday, we made it happen! Each of us have had various projects over the last couple of months and our weekends have been busy. As soon as we didn't have plans for the weekend, we reserved it just for us!
The night before, we decided to make the 3 hour trip to Toledo to visit their zoo! Using just our iphones to direct us we arrived around 1pm and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon walking through, looking at all the animals. There's something about a visit in the zoo that relaxes me. I'm thinking it was just so nice to take a leisurely walk, holding Dan's hand and enjoying looking at amazing animals. I did notice a few things that would have irritated me if I hadn't been is such a relaxed mood, though, like children sneezing on my neck while we were squeezed into the amphibians exhibit. Or the kid who wasn't watching where she was going and ran right into me, without apologizing. And my favorite was the parking situation. They had people waving us through a busy parking lot to spots that didn't' exist so we went all around before we were able to transfer to the other parking lot that actually had parking available. :) My favorite animal is usually the giraffes but this zoo had a new addition, a baby polar bear! He was the cutest thing, chasing after his Mama! I could have stood there forever, but we had a four minute viewing period so the next group could crowd in to see him. The had a really nice exhibit for the elephants, too. That's always fun to watch for a bit. And, for the record, hippos that swim are hilarious. Now the only one I saw seemed in no mood to go for a swim, so I was a little disappointed. After our journey through the zoo, which didn't take as long as we had planned on, back at the car, we made another decision....To continue our day of fun and head an hour north to Detroit, cross the Ambassador Bridge into Canada, and head straight for Ceasers Palace! Crossing was funny. Dan got a little flustered when the border patrol guards started asking questions like "What are you taking into Canada with you?" "When was the last time you visited Canada?" "How long will you be visiting Canada?" Dan was like " uhhhh." I'm whispering things like "we have some clothes. laptop. a few hours." We thought we should let someone know we were out of the country, so I quickly texted my sister-in-law with our location and turned off my phone to prevent insane data roaming charges.
After finally finding the one entrance in to the parking garage, we made our way inside Ceaser's Palace and both of us just stood there "Wow!" It was beautiful and get this.....entirely smoke free! This was just like Vegas, without the terrible smoke smell in your hair! Perfect. Before getting started, we ate at their immaculate 65,000 square foot buffet, with seating up to 600 guests! You could choose from seven different mini restaurants and all of their food was incredible! With our stomachs full and after mastering the exchange rate, we played around for a few hours. We had a blast! We found most of our favorites we remembered from Vegas and a few new fun ones. This place was huge!
Leaving Canada was just as funny as entering it. Dan was asked what he did for work... and it took him a few seconds to answer. :) What a cutie! Sorry about not taking any pictures. Next time we'll be better at that. How fun and totally spontaneous! I love doing that with my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment