Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One class and I'm hooked!

Last night was my first cake decorating class, and after an additional $50 bucks worth of supplies, I am ready to start on my homework for next week. Our instructor taught us how to make our own frosting, with 3 different consistencies, how to fill our pastry bags, and we learned how to frost a cake. She gave us tips on how to bake a great cake and then we watched her cut the cake in half to create room for the filling.... I'm sure my jaw was constantly touching the floor.... I was overwhelmed, but at the same time, it's never looked easier! I'm hoping things will come quickly to me and I will be able to do things as fast and as perfect as she did someday.

My homework? Well, I have to bring in all of the supplies I bought, plus I have to make a cake and frost it. We will be working on letters and shapes next week. I have to make my three different types of frosting tomorrow to make sure my color sets correctly! I'm really enjoying myself already. This will truly be a test for my patience though, I like to see a finished product almost as soon as it sit down to start! Wish me luck and if they look nice enough, I'll post pictures of my cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment