Sunday, December 13, 2009

Three Christmas parties and a car accident make the season bright!

We've had quite the eventful weekend! Friday night was the Christmas party that our office puts on for our luxury tenants. And because Shanda has been out for close to three weeks following her unexpected gal-bladder surgery, I had been working on this mostly by myself. This is our biggest and most popular event. It's our most formal evening and everything is catered. This year's event theme was "A Night In A Winter Wonderland." I think everything turned out great and I was so pleased to see everything come together. I was also pleased when the night was over! We did champaign and hor 'deouvers out in our lobby and then moved into this lounge area for our dinner. While I didn't get any pictures once the guests arrived, here are few pictures of that lovely event prior to the event... ;)


This is one of eight centerpieces I made during some down time at home. Total cost per centerpiece....$8.


Here's the dessert table.






Here's the room before we turned the lights down and lit the tealight candles. It looked beautiful!


This table was supposed to have the champaign on it...needless to say it never sat too long on this table.


Dan came to be my date! This was the first time he's been able to attend! I think this picture will be our Christmas card!


Speaking of Christmas cards,I had planned to take some pictures of us in front of our tree on Saturday afternoon, but Dan was called away on a fire call. About 40 mintues after he left, he called and said he had been hit, rear ended and that he was okay. He explained that on his way to the station, he slowed down as he approached a mail car on his right. He considered passing him and then looked back to see someone slidding into him. The guy that hit Dan was going about 30 mph when Dan had been traveling at 15. The guy lost control when he tried to slam on his breaks. The guy spun and hit Dan at an angle and then together, they slid into the mail carrier's car, who never saw it coming. Dan WAS NOT hurt, he called the station and they came out to help at the "scene". The guy who hit Dan was issued a ticket and the mail carrier, complaining of minor injuries, was back-boarded and taken to the hospital at his request. All in all, it actually was more damage than I was thinking when he was telling me what had happened. He got home with the car and I was surprised to see that the car was pretty much damaged from front to back and he didn't mention over the phone that he had to tie the trunck shut, it won't latch. He did say his neck was a bit sore and I'm so glad that's all it is! I'm so thankful that this wasn't any worse and that he's safe and here. He took these pictures today of the damage, but they really don't capture how sad our poor car really looks! Plus, I guess there is another part of the bumper that came off and is now in the trunk. He plans to take it in tomorrow to get an estimate and hopefully they can work on the car whie we are on vacation next week.










Even after a sucky afternoon, we attended the first of two Triemstra Christmas parties Saturday night. We ate, played a rousing game of dirty bingo and we were out of there by 7:30pm...a typical 2 hour Triemstra party. This party is actually the second of it's kind. Every year, the first and second Saturday evenings are to be reserved for extended family parties called "Dirty Bingo Parties." But last saturday, we attended a wedding instead. Anyway, after last night's party, Dan and I went to see The Blind Side! I have ben waiting to see it and I loved it! What a great story. If you haven't seen it yet, go! Then, this afternoon was the immediate Triemstra Christmas party. This is my favorite of all the parties and it's more comfortable. This really involves Duane and all his brothers, thier children and thier grand-kids. We eat and catch up and then Santa pays a visit and the kids go crazy! It's so cute!

Michaela is there in the middle.


Dan and his Aunt Linda.






And, here's Duane, always picking up! He was ready just as the kids got started!


So, I soooo hate it when people complain about how busy and stressful Christmas time can be, so all I will say is that I am looking forward to just hanging out with my family in Seattle without an agenda. Now, I am done blogging for the day and would like to sit and watch Oprah's Christmas At The White House Special.

Good Night, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment