We spent our Thanksgiving over at Duane’s house, with Dan’s brother Scott, his wife and their two kids, Dan’s other brother Kevin and his girlfriend from Minneapolis, and Dan’s Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and his two step-son-they all caravanned in from Wisconsin. Yes, it was a full house and we had a ton of food. Duane did the turkey and it was great. Everyone one else made like two dishes- I made my GG’s white fruit salad and then my grandma’s “Elephant Poop!” Dan and I gave it its new name a few years ago because my Grandma loves Elephants and it just kinda stuck. Everyone enjoyed my contributions.
We ate around 2pm and some of us looked through the ads and attempted to come up with a plan for black Friday shopping. All of us had different agendas and were looking different deals so the plan eventually became “head out on your own” plan. I had heard that the outlet malls about an hour away were opening at midnight and had some great deals. I wanted to run down there and be back in time to hop in line at target. This way, I’d never go to bed, which would’ve been great, because I never want to wake up for anything! But, sadly no one else was interested in going down there. I ended up going to the casino with Dan, lost $40 bucks and went to bed once we got home. We woke up together to head out for shopping around 10am, went into target and we found some leftover $3.99 DVD’s. Not all the ones I was hoping for, but that was still pretty good for 10am- and there were no lines at all! We went into Kohls next, but we weren’t in there too long…their lines were still crazy long. After a few more furniture stores to take a look at bedroom set deals, we headed for home. Dan’s so sweet. I think he felt bad for me probably having to go out on my own, so he went along. It’s such a tradition on my side of the family…all the gals go out, grab starbucks (because they’re open that early out in Seattle) and prepare to face the madness! I’ve always loved doing this. If there’s one time a year that I have to get up at 3am, and to go shopping…I’ll do it! It wasn’t as exciting as it has been in the past, but at least this year, I’ll be home for Christmas!
It was nice to see all of Dan’s family for a few days. It was also nice to have a four day weekend. And, while I didn’t take any pictures, I’ll take some pictures this weekend for sure! Our friends are coming over tonight for a Christmas movie and the guys will be making us girls dinner! Sweet, I know! Also, tomorrow we’re going to a wedding and I’ll get to wear my new dress!
Plus, I thought I’d share that yesterday was the first snow of the season! We got maybe two inches at our house and everything looks so pretty! I love how quiet and peaceful it makes everything seem. I got home last night all excited and Dan was pouting because that marked the beginning of his major worry faze about me driving in snow. So, I’m excited and he’s not. But, ask me in March if I’m still excited about the snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment