Anyway, it usually takes me about 25 minutes to get to work downtown. On Wednesday, Jason let us all leave early so we could drive home while we still had daylight. It ended up taking me nearly 2 hours to get home! I was re-routed by police cars twice, got a little turned around (not lost) stopped to get us dinner (also a nice break after one hour of attempting to get home) and then sat in traffic for what seemed like forever! Fortunately, everyone did make it in to work Thursday and Friday, just at a slow pace. Over this weekend things have thawed a bit and there's definitely less black ice out there. But it has been extremely cold! Snow was blowing so crazy hard, it was coming in sideways! Roads and schools were closed and people lost power (not us, thankfully). It has been very pretty, though. And it seems like I'm the only one who thinks so.
While I didn't get my own pictures, I found these on our local news' website.
Here's our storm coming in...


I thought this was cute...



And since we've no place to go....Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment