Friday, November 20, 2009

My Holiday 10.....

I saw this on another blog, so I thought I'd add this to mine! Enjoy!

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
- An iPod docking station
- The Wii Fit Plus
- An electric skillet
- Large sized candles from Yankee Candle in: Mango Peach Salsa and Mandarin Cranberry
- iTunes gift cards

2. What is your favorite family Christmas tradition?
On Christmas morning, everyone in takes a piece down from the displayed nativity scene. My Grandpa reads the story of Jesus' birth from Matthew, and when your piece you have is mentioned in the story, you place it in the scene. My Mom gave Dan and I our nativity scene last year so we can continue the tradition. This is my favorite of many Christmas traditions.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
Someone once kitted me a scarf and I thought that was cool, so I'll answer with "kitting a scarf"

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
This is truly tough, but there is one big one that I actually remember being incredibly excited about....When my mom got me my denim backpack I'd been pestering her for! I must have been 8 or 9. There are pictures of that morning with it on my back and I'm in my pjs.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
No kids yet, but I'm sure they'd want one of my cool scarfs! ;)

6. What is your favorite holiday food?
And I thought question 4 was hard! It's all the sweet stuff...especially my grandma's cereal and pecan mix that's so addicting. I like to make mulled cider. And I plan to try mulled wine this season.

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
I've been assigned to making the centerpieces for the cocktail parity my office hosts for our luxury tenants. I have 6 more to go as of now. And, I'd say the wreath I've already made counts!

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
Christmas Vacation! I laugh every single time. There are plenty of holiday movies I have to fit in.

9. Favorite holiday song?
Silent Night and Hark! The herald Angels Sing.

10. Do you kiss under the mistletoe?
Adding it to my shopping list right now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment