Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Gosh, it seems like forever since I’ve sat down to blog. I had planned to yesterday and then ran out of time, typical for a Sunday evening. Here’s what we’ve been up to:

I’ve reached a whole new level of freak. Apparently, just when Dan was getting used to my being uptight about our clean home, I unveiled a new side of myself—the germ-a-phobe. I can explain. I’m just doing everything in my power to try to prevent us from getting sick- with either the flu or the H1N1 virus. I’ll admit the news media has gotten the best of me, but even if they dialed it down a bit, I still think I would be just as bad. I think this virus going around is just something we cannot have around and because I haven’t been able to get vaccinated for the H1N1 (I did get the regular flu shot) then we are going to do our absolute best at keeping ourselves healthy. And if we do get sick, I’ll know at least we tried. They announced almost two weeks ago now that the schools out here were closed for four days due to illnesses. There are a few confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus at some local schools. *Sigh* I sanitize everything all the time, at home and at work especially. I am constantly washing my hands, and while at my desk, I use a three hour solution on my hands. We are going through sanitizing wipes like crazy. Now, I try not to touch public door handles and I wipe down grocery carts. And when we go out, like we went to the movies over the weekend, I told Dan to try not to touch the arm rests! He laughs at me! A few people have sworn that all last winter, they took Airborne once a day and never got sick. So, I am trying just that…there is 1,000 milligrams of Vitamin C in each dose plus 17 other herbs to help boost your immune system. Also, our new favorite, Dr. Oz had a show on how couples should handle the other being sick and got some great tips! So, we’re in good shape for now. I’m crazy, but in good health!

I’ve been trying to avoid being sucked into Christmas early, but I’m failing. One radio station is already 100% Christmas music. Houses are already sprinkled with lights and I’ve already seen those terribly tacky blow-up lawn ornaments that are the size of a car in yards already! And guess what? I love it. I went to Michaels this weekend and fell hard! I had to go because I am assembling the centerpieces that are for our annual holiday cocktail party at work. I ended up buying garland for our staircase and got inspired to design our wreath for our door! (See a picture of the final product below.) On the way home, I listened to that radio station playing all Christmas music! Now, we also went to opening night of White Christmas Friday night and I’m blaming that on my “I’m already ready for Christmas” attitude! Such a great play! But anyway, I guess this season, I’m just super excited to get started! I’m breaking my own rules and I don’t care!

Here's my first ever wreath that I put together! This was sooo simple and fun and waaay cheaper than buying one already made! I'll post a picture of it on our door soon



As I said, we went to see White Christmas with some friends of ours on Friday night. We had really great seats and ended up sitting directly behind a main character’s father, who is apparently great friends with Kelsey Grammer! Dan and I have been going through all the Fraiser seasons on DVD consecutively when we have time, so we were some how star stricken. He, he, he…that was funny.

1 comment:

  1. wow! good job with the wreath - it looks amazing! you're so crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete