We got back from Seattle late Sunday night and as eager as always to wake up to the alarm clock a measly nine hours later. We had a great visit with everyone and was pretty jam packed with things to be doing and seeing! We had my father-in-law with us this time around so we played tour guide most of the time. Well, Dan did most of the sightseeing with him while I stuck around to hang out with the ladies! The boys went to see as much Mt. Rainer as they could, toured to some lighthouses, caught local fisherman realin' in some pink salmon and took a ride on a ferry. Dan and I, Mom and Duane ate at Ivars on the pier and walked through Pike's Place Market (where I watched anxiously just in case some flashmob dancing broke out and I'd have to ditch everyone to join in, unrehearsed, but completely flawless!)
We were fortunate enough to be there as the fair opened....my entire family (plus more) spent all day walking, watching and stuffing our faces with wonderful, expensive burgers and scones--the first for both Dan and Duane! That was a hot and busy day, but very fun!
Mom, Beth, Karen and I got to go downtown to see Wicked! I loved it!! We got all dressed up for the theatre and then went out for dinner and drinks afterward. That wasa great girls night!
Also, Shauna's shower was on Saturday afternoon! It was so great seeing her and I even got the opportunity to catch up with some old SCS classmates! Shauna looks so great, happy, cute, etc! It worked out so great that I was able to go while I was in town for just a week! And, hopefully, my good luck streak will continue into December and I'll be able to catch up with her and her family when I'm back there again! It probably would have been funny to trail behind me as I ventured up to the ballard area for her shower all by myself. It's funny how jaded I have become when it comes to driving in the city. After a while, I shrugged my shoulders and I just figured I had to start driving like I belonged there...after all, I do, right?! Good thing we brought the GPS along (aka Mindy).
Another highlight was my time with GG. She's been living in a nursing facility since she broke both of her legs in a bad fall. You can tell she's trying to make the best of things. I know she really liked having visitors...especially a fellow big dance fan like Duane. :) GG told us stories about the farms, some I've heard, some I've not. We talked about this and that, I read to her and laughed with her. I watched her during her physical therapy and they switched her to her own private room. She is actually in a very nice location in Federal Way and close to everyone. She's handling it as well as I would hope I do, having to just lye there day after day. But she has her stash of chocolate in her drawer and great people helping her out!
Well, after eating like royalty, I've gained 5 or 6 pounds while on vacation. Not that I'm not grateful to my loving family, but now I'm going to work hard to get rid of that!
We have some pictures to post of our trip and I will most likey to get to posting those tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment