We are looking forward to our long, holiday weekend. We will once again head up north to the lake house and then venture further from there on Saturday to Traverse City....yay! Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Polar Bears!
Dan and I went to the Detroit Zoo on Saturday. This zoo is very large and it was a lot of walking. This would have been just fine if it wasn't 98 degrees out! I did my best to keep my complaining down to a minimum :) It helped that they had randomly placed mister fans throughout the zoo to keep everyone cool. All the kids surrounding us were running back and forth through them all. One time we stood in line just to get one run through! Worth it, though. Anyway, in case you haven't noticed, we like to visit the zoo! Love the animals! And, just when I thought I couldn't top the feeding the giraffes experience a month ago, my favorite animals at this zoo were the polar bears! This zoo had like an under water igloo place where you could walk in glass tunnel under the swimming polar bears! Right after we walked in, we saw one bear just sitting on the glass above us! This was just so cool; I had Dan get some pictures that I could post for you all to see.






We are looking forward to our long, holiday weekend. We will once again head up north to the lake house and then venture further from there on Saturday to Traverse City....yay! Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
We are looking forward to our long, holiday weekend. We will once again head up north to the lake house and then venture further from there on Saturday to Traverse City....yay! Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment