
Whew! It's a hot one today! 85!! I guess the only reason I'm glad I'm at work today is the free A/C blasting. If I were home, I'm sure I'd have it on...but it's not free! :) Dan and I have been trying to avoid continuous use to avoid large, scary bills, until deemed necessary. Back when we moved in in February, we were bundling up and trying to stay away from the thermostat. We had twice as much house to heat when you include the finished basement! We were worried about what the bill would look like after our first month there. (Turns out, it was less than what we were guessing.) We finally found a happy median with the heat and now were on the figuring out the A/C. I almost want to say the Summer months will be the most expensive. Mainly because I can't get comfortable when I'm hot. You can layer on the clothes and blankets in the winter--I can sleep fine then. The Summer is totally the opposite. Summers in Michigan are very different than what I remember as a kid growing up in WA. Mom always had the windows open-- No humidity in Seattle. Can't do that here! And on the same lines of humidity-- Oh, man, does my hair hate the humidity! I can try to do my hair straight, but by the end of the day, it's not so straight. And Seattle never had the bugs that I see out here! NEVER! And I mean crazy, big, loud ones. Yuck. I'm sure I'm constantly commenting on how much I hate the bugs out here because I get this all the time...
"Didn't you have bugs in Seattle?"
If my facial expression doesn't do the trick, I say "NO!-(Crazy)"
So, the summers here are not the most comfortable but I do get to do most of my favorite things in the summer--wear flip flops, justify a pedicure expense, wear skirts, etc. We get to go away almost every weekend to all of my favorite local places--Traverse City (we tow the wave-runner up and spend a couple of nights with friends), Mackinaw Island ( such a fun island that we bike around on). Detroit zoo and MGM Grand Casino. Chicago-- I LOVE Chicago!! And, of course, the lake house. I love that we can get up there Friday after work and hang out all weekend by the water. So, lots to look forward to!
We went back up to the lake house over the weekend. We were finally able to get the boat and wave runner in (both batteries were shot last time we went up...plus the weather sucked.) Here are a few more pics:
Me on the wave runner

Dan doing his usual tricks

I'm driving the boat!

Tonight, I'll be watching the Jon and Kate plus 8 hour-long special with Michelle. I am guessing they are going to announce thier divorce. Either that or they are quiting doing the show. They should obviously do the later one. It's messing up a lot for them. Not only that, but the show just isn't about the kids this season. The show itself has changed. I'm sure it's just tearing Jon ad Kate just further apart. Well, it should be interesting I guess.
I better get to see your "favorite local places" next time I visit!!
ReplyDelete