Thursday, July 16, 2009

Traverse City!

Okay, so the last two weekends, we've been in Traverse City!!!! Ah, Traverse City!! I love it! I loved it even before it was the place where we were engaged. I know why I love it....I love it because I think it's the closest to Seattle that I can get out here! We go up every year for the National Cherry Festival where you can find pretty much everything cherry.....my personal fav's include cherry ketchup, cherry infused wine, cherry fudge, and nothing satisfies your thirst like a humble cherry slush on a hot day! And of course, I don't leave town without chowing down on just good old regular cherries! (and a funnel cake from the fair grounds.) Anyway, enough about how I am a pig!
We did the usual routine. We took the wave runner out to Power Island (a.k.a. Engagement Island) for a picnic lunch. On the day we went up it was oftly busy, so we went around the corner of the island to find a more secluded spot. This was after we watched to air show in the West Bay. The next day we spend in the East bay where our friends have a private beach area. Frank, Janet and the kids were all there with us. We all stayed at Janet's folks house for the weekend. We really did have a blast. Now for the pictures...

A picture of the downtown shopping area.

The hotel where Dan and I took our engagement pictures two years ago :).

One of the many "everything cherries" stores, but this one is probably the largest.

Here is the boat launch for the bay. Every time we pass this, I think of when Dan and I were coming in from the bay just after he proposed. Frank was picking us up at the launch. We had put the ring back in the front compartment so it didn't slide off my finger while ridding- it was really too big for me. We were put-putting back in and we took it out and put it on my finger again and just as I saw Frank, he screamed "Whoa, you're blinding me!" he was the first to see me with it.

Pictures from the air show. It was crowded on the bay, but you really can't tell.






Our picnic area this year.



Dan taking Zach out for a tubing ride.

Janet, Zach and Me watching the fun on the water.

Beach Time! This beach is just a block away from where we stayed and the same beach where we all watched the fireworks.



My $18 win after betting just fourteen cents! ;)

my footprint in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment