Sheesh. Even with working part time this summer, things have moved very quickly. We've had a good time, though. It just all seems like a whirlwind. I have a lot to catch up on, blogwise. I can't believe I let myself get so behind.
Well, most recently we were in Wisconsin Dells this last weekend. We rented a condo at a resort with the Zlomeks and spent the entire weekend being tourists. We spent a fun day in the sun on Friday at Noah's Ark, the largest outdoor water park. I did a few slides I wouldn't have ordinarily done but didn't do the crazy one that starts with the floor being wiped out from underneath you! Seriously, people are nuts! My favorites were the multi-person tube rides, especially the Time Warp, which 4 could ride all at once. That night, after consuming 25 king crab legs at our buffet, we went to a water skiing stunt show. The next day we shopped, then did a jet boat ride down the dells (got soaked), played at our indoor water park at the resort, played a large, medieval scavenger hunt game (best way to describe that) and then played put-put golf around midnight that night. We made it back at a decent hour on Sunday evening after a six hour drive around Lake Michigan. That was a fun weekend, but I need to get better at keeping up with those kids! (Sorry- No pictures to post of this trip!)
Last weekend was all about double dating. Friday night, we went out with Jeremy and Ellen. We had them up to the lake house earlier this summer.
Jeremy and Ellen on our wave runner.
Here we all are goofing off.
Dan and I on the lake.
Saturday, we went to a Tigers game with Ira and Katelin. The first few weekends in August we spent relaxing up at the lake house. One of those weekends, we ventured up to Sleeping Bear Dunes with Duane. We walked the smaller dunes and had the most satisfying burgers ever afterward! So Yummy!
Here we are at a lookout before the dune walk.
I got this shot of Dan and we were both pretty excited as to how well it turned out! It drops off right behind him into a steep run all the way down to the lake. It takes only 2 minutes to get down but it would have taken us 32 minutes to get back up to this lookout point.Some kid got all the way up, realized he forgot his shirt, and his parents just told him they'd buy him another one. :)
And the last part of July, I spent with my Mom. We actually met out in Sioux City, Iowa first for a family reunion. My grandparents didn't know I was coming; I didn't either until a few weeks before hand after finding a great deal on airfare. Anyway, I surprised my Grandma Nan by showing up to her family's reunion, which I've never been to. I met so many fun distant relatives, my favorite being my Mom's cousins! They were sooo funny! I was surprised when I saw the Starbucks! I thought I was going to have to go without for a few days while in the middle of nowhere, but the trip really did exceed my expectations. I got a little too comfortable and ordered a mojito at the bar the night...the waitress just kinda laughed and said "Hun, I'll bring ya a beer!" :) After what seemed like negotiating with her for a cranberry and vodka, I immediately regretted it after tasting their house vodka. So the next day, my Aunt had brought over some blueberry vodka for me to try. Yum! Mom and I had a great visit there for a few more days before she flew home with me. Dan picked us up at our gate in Chicago- he was able to do this because he had just arrived in from Orlando where he spent the long weekend with his brother and his family. Mom's visit went fast for a whole week. Probably because we did a lot. We spent a few days in town, watching movies, drinking homemade lattes, cooking and shopping. I made her a cake to congratulate her on her new condo she moved into just a few weeks before. Then we went up to the lake house, which she hadn't been to before. I took her for a few spins on the wave runner! And then we took her up to Traverse City where we stayed at the Turtle Creek casino. She ended up addicted to the new Amazing Race slot games! So funny! So, I loved having Mom visit and it was tough to take her back to Chicago. It did make it easier to think we'd soon be in Seattle for Thanksgiving.
The cake I made for Mom!
Amanda, your weekends sound busy! What about your weekdays? Funny you should ask. I've been busy with various things. Of course, I'm working less. That has been such a blessing. I LOVE having more time; time I actually use to be productive. When I'm not working, a few projects have been consuming my time. I am helping Duane re-do the guest bathroom. He's gutted the whole thing and we've started from scratch. I helped him pick out a tub, toilet, counter top, cabinets, flooring and paint. Tonight, I have to go buy the light and a few other odds and ends. This has been a long project and I'm getting very anxious to see the final product. By the end of this week we should have some serious progress made in there. He also told me I could pick out some new sheets for our bed up at the lake house, so I've been working on finding a deal on those. And there's cake class every Monday night. I have completed my third course in decorating and I'm really enjoying it. I've come a long way in just three months. The plan is to continue on and do the final course offered, Fondant! :)
In other news, we've booked our next cruise!
This October, we will be on the Royal Caribbean ship "Explorer of the Seas" which will take us up from New Jersey all the way up to Nova Scotia, stopping along the way in places like Boston, two different places in Maine and Canada! We're soooo excited and this will be the longest one we've done yet, 9 nights! Hopefully, the fall colors will be awesome and we have really high expectations for this ship!

No comments:
Post a Comment