All of the Triemstra's made it up to the lake house for the three day weekend! We couldn't have had better weather! I loved it! Dan and his brother were put to work right away Saturday morning. That's when I started to come down with a cold or bug or something. :( The boys worked first at getting all of the purchased dirt down at the new seawall to use as a filler, then threw down grass seed so maybe we'll have grass soon down there again. It had gotten a little torn up when they put the seawall in last September. After some cosmetic work and some specially prepared lunch by us ladies, they got to work on putting the dock in the lake. The kids got a little board while waiting to get in the water, but once they got in, they were so so insanely cute in the water with their little floaties! I loved catching them when they jumped in from the dock. This of course was after I was able to convince them they could rely on their arm floaties, with adults around, of course.
Everyone enjoyed the cool water in the hot sun. Saturday night, Dan, Michelle and I drove to the casino. We made our way into town for dinner and ice cream at the House of Flavors on Sunday night. We watched movies and played around on the wave runner and the boat. I just loved reading out on the deck in the sun, even if I was feeling a little under the weather. It was better after Duane and I made a special trip into town for some dayquil. Silly me, I thought I'd have more time enjoying the ibooks feature on my ipad....no, Michaela and Ryan were constantly asking to play with it. When they weren't arguing over who's turn it was, it was kind of fascinating to see how quickly they figured the whole thing out, knew what to push and when, how the touch screen thing works, everything. I'm sure them playing with my iphone for a while has helped, but they just pick thing sup so quickly. Amazing. They're getting too big...we're coming up on Michaela's 8th birthday!
Here's Ryan, showing me his muscles :)
This is just cute....
Anxious to get in the water
Me with Michaela and Ryan, pre floaties.
I took this on my way down to play in the water with them.
Ryan wanted to drive Grandpa T's boat.
Going out to fish. I stayed back with Dan so my coughing didn't scare away the fish.
Their boat and the dock, note the new steps going into the water. So much better.
I'm pretty sure we were are all dancing here to some music :) look at Ryan's hair....He wanted me to spin him.
This one is too funny....Ryan with Grandpa T, all ready to clean up. :)
It was a good long weekend, but now I have a few things to catch up on this weekend. You know how it gets with us, every weekend in the summer there's always something going on. Next weekend is Michaela's party and the annual Parade of Homes starts on Friday! Yay!










No comments:
Post a Comment