So, naturally, I started looking for a new mixer. I decided I'm going to obviously need something that can keep up with me. Ideally, my new one would last longer than the two short years I had my first one. Hum, heavy duty...who makes one like that? Answer: Kitchenaid. I set my sites on finding a Kitchenaid mixer. Correction: I set my sites on finding a deal on a usually-priced-at $300+ mixer that I otherwise would not let myself drool over. I checked the usual bargain sites: amazon, buy.com, overstock.com, etc. I checked everywhere for about two weeks before finally landing on the jackpot!
The winning website: Discover!
(wait, wha??)
That's right, our credit card company, Discover, offers us a % off when booking/buying this via their site (just by going to their site and finding a link to a store's website because they get a % of what you purchase this way.)
Kohls has been advertising their mixers at a discounted price of $299. (Any color!)
I knew we had a little left on a gift card, plus a coupon. On top of that, we received Kohls cash back (for every $50 bucks you spend, you get $10 in Kohls cash). On top of that, Discover also gives us 10% cash back of what we spend at department stores from now until the end of the year.
So.....Triemstra shopping is this.....
Original price $352.99 (Kohls)
marked down to $299 (Kohls) we would have paid $317.69 at full asking price plus tax.
apply gift card of $4.69
then apply a 20% off coupon code =$60!!!! ( Never, EVAR buy something online without trying to find a coupon code first. This is so easy and takes just a minute and it pays off. I love retailmenot.com, but in the interest of saving time, I usually type the name of the store into my google search bar with the words coupon code. i.e. "Kohls coupon codes" and retailmenot.com is usually on the top of the list. Click the link given and it pulls up a whole list of reliable codes to use on your purchase. In my case we had a 15% coupon at home, but I found a 20% code to use instead!)THEN, apply $40 in cash back rewards to Kohls (awesome for Christmas)
THEN, add the $25.76 in cash back from Discover (this is our 10% cash back)
And then factor in the pouring shield (valued at $20) that was included with this model, but not the original refurbished one I almost bought.
Plus, free shipping!!
TOTAL SAVED= $150.45, 47% of the original asking price!
TOTAL SPENT= $167.24
And she will be here by Monday! I can't wait! Here's the color I picked that will work well with the rest of our appliances.
There it is, folks. Triemstra shopping at it's best.

No comments:
Post a Comment