In keeping with our goals this year, we have been very conscientious of our health. I ordered the new Eat This, Not That! book. It's so great! It's packed with tips on what to order at my favorite restaurants, things to avoid at the store, what to replace it with....it is now my guide. I'd recommend it to anyone! Anyone else know that the house sirloin at Applebees is only 310 calories--as opposed to the Fiesta Lime Chicken (which is tasty) at 1,210 calories??? Or that the Arby's Melt is better for you than their market fresh sandwiches by 410 calories? Get this book!!!!
In fact, we have taken it a bit further by adding some fitness equipment to our unfinished part of our basement.I try to use the treadmil 3-4 times a week, usually while I have dinner going.
And, here's the place we've transformed into a workout zone. We added a pull up bar (you can sort of see it hanging from the ceiling) weights, resistance bands, yoga balls and mats. Dan brings his laptop down to play the P90X dvd's in here and I usually stay on the treadmill.See our Christmas tree off to the side? ;)
We have been getting so anxious for Spring to arrive. I seriously was in such a mood last week and I blame the weather. I'm so tired of the cold, having to bundle up to get the mail. The snow was pretty; now it's all huge brown piles. I can't wait to see my green grass again! Wear flip flops again! I think sometime this month we will spend a weekend up at the lake house--not ideal weather quite yet, but it will be nice to get away (again). Maybe we'll run up there with Jeremy and Ellen! We went out to dinner at the bistro Friday night. What a fun night out! We stopped after dinner for some gelato at Water Street, too. Yummy!
It's Oscar night. Both Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are hilarious! Have a good week, everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment