Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Bargains!

Last weekend, Dan and I went out looking for some after-Christmas deals. Boy did we clean up! We went into Hobby Lobby (Midwest talk for Michael's) and found some steals! All Christmas stuff = 80% OFF!!!!

It didn't take me long to fill my cart with:

A snowman cookie jar
A cute penguin table topper
A wooden snowman for our front porch
Bags and bags of bows for next year
Ornament hooks for next year (100 for just 30 cents)
A much sought after tree skirt (originally $59)

Ahhh! I love bargains! The only thing I can't seem to get my hands on is a wrapping paper organizer. Apparently, everyone else has had the same epiphany I did..."Wow this is getting out of hand! There must be a better way!" I may not get one for a great deal, but I'm going to keep looking.

Today I went with Duane to what is called a Starving Artists Show at the Raddison. All sorts of original oil paintings in all sorts of sizes at bargain prices (there's my favorite word again!) Neither of us had ever been to one before and we didn't really know what to expect. When you walk in, there are all these oil paintings scattered all over, the highest price I saw was $59. You pick out what you want and can also pick out frames that they will frame it with for you while you're there! Here's what I picked out!

This one's my favorite and I've already found a place for it in our dinning room.




I thought this one was pretty and couldn't pass it up.




I didn't opt for the frames, but Duane did! I helped him pick out four new pieces for his house.

Yay for bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment