Sorry for the lack of blogging. We were away last weekend and are in town this weekend, but we are just as busy. Things suddenly got busy for us. I say this every June, when all of the sudden, I realize we've made plans with all of our free time! It's summer though. I do love it!
This is funny. My niece, Michaela, asked me the other day "When is your last day of work?"...I told her I hoped it wasn't anytime soon. (Ironic, because today I wished I didn't have my job.)She replied back with "you don't want summer to come?!" :) Ha, I thought that was cute. How great would it be to get the summer off!!! Man oh man!
Last weekend we met up with my in-laws up at the lake house. The girls watched the guys put in the dock (yes, it was finally just warm enough to get in, although Dan might argue the opposite.) We went into town for a movie and dinner on Saturday. From there, Michelle, Dan and I decided to drive the 35 minutes to the nearest casino! Now, Dan and I go to the casino maybe once every other month. I thrive on how long I can last on $20! I play penny slots or maybe jump up to nickel ones if I'm feeling lucky :). I followed Dan around for a while before I found some games to play. After winning close to $30 bucks on a penny one, I decided I would stop and let Dan blow the rest of his $20 (I know, I know...we're crazy spenders! :0)) But then he convinced me to sit at the roulette table and play with some obvious regulars! I played just $20 and kept the other $10 in my pocket. I ended up losing it all, but guess how long I lasted...almost an hour and a half! I'm surprised the others weren't laughing at me--they were throwing $40+ each time, as a posed to my whopping $4! I won some splits, and lost some. But, I got to play at a table! The minimum was $1. The tables at the usual place we go to start at $10! Crazy! Anyway, that was a fun night, and a fun family weekend.
This weekend kicks off with Michaela's family birthday party. I will run straight over after work to make it in time for presents and cake...then we'll all go see UP in 3D. (Already saw it without the 3D, looking forward to seeing it again). Then, Saturday afternoon is her "school friends" party at Sugar & Spice. 6 little girls will help Michaela celebrate turning 7 with a birthday make-over, complete with make-up, hair do's and tiaras! Then, they'll dress up and walk down the fashion runway. After that, they decorate their own cupcakes! Adorable, I know. I'm looking forward to helping Michelle out at that party. Meanwhile, Dan will be picking up a shift at the fire station and then we'll meet up later to start......Drum role, please!.....The Parade of Homes 2009! Yes!!!! I've been waiting ever so patiently for a chance to get a look at beautiful homes to drool over. I'm still holding onto my dream of one day getting to design and build a house. Every year, I've taken detailed notes on things I never wanted to forget, great floorplan ideas, things I thought were so neat, things I thought were not so neat, etc. Tickets are cheaper this year because there are less houses, but I'm still excited. We'll spend the rest of next week trying to fit in as many homes as possible. And on Sunday, we will be BBQ-ing with Don and Lisa and their little boys!
Well, time for some sleep. Happy Friday (Summer- Frankie, Zoe and Zach) to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment