
As some of you already know from Mom, Dan's department responded to a significant fire call early Saturday Morning. The fire took the lives of four young children. I've posted some links to some stories posted on our local news' websites so I don't need to recap the whole thing. The picture above pretty much encompasses the emotions the fire department has been working through over the past few days.
I didn't know until yesterday how involved Dan was on the scene. As his wife, I can tell you that Dan has been fine. He is talking about it, just about as much as he should. He sleeps normally, eats fine, I think we're okay. As for some of his close friends, it sounds like they were a bit more involved, so it will take a little longer for their personal lives to get back to normal. Their department and their sister department have been great as far as emotional support and health goes for the guys. They've met and debriefed, discussed everything, (which I learned at the wife's debriefing last night) is the best thing for them. To stick together, be with each other and lift each other up.
"When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished." ~Edward F. Crokeron
I am so proud of Dan and his friends. They really are all great guys. I am truley grateful for thier continued safety while they work to better the lives and saftey of others. I admire their courage and strength everyday. While there's the obvious headline "four children lost in fire" everywhere you turn, I like to think that the fire department saved 11 lives that day. The guys need to hear that more often, I think. Thank you for keeping this family of brothers in your continued thoughts and prayers. Here is just a fraction of some articles to take a look at:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/multiple_deaths_in_texas_twp_blaze">
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2009/04/emergency_workers_shaken_by_fi.html
http://www.mlive.com/kzgazette/frontpage/pdfs/sunday.pdf
We love you Dan the fire man!
ReplyDelete