Friday, March 13, 2009

Come On, People!

There was yet another apartment fire in town last night. That makes four in the last 6 months! This particular complex is off campus student housing and has a reputation of being kind-of pretentious. Anyway, as they interview these now homeless students on the news, they always end up asking "Do you guys have renters insurance?" That's when they look at each other like they just realized what they lost. They answer "Uh....No."

COME ON! Do residents think we just talk to talk when giving them information on renters insurance? D they think that we profit somehow from them paying on it? Do they still not understand that Management is only responsible for structural damage? Why would you take this risk?? Granted, in this case, these were students who probably figured they didn't have anything valuable enough to insure. Or maybe they think it's expensive. I always tell residents how cheap they can get insurance and I add all sorts of company brochures in their move-in packets. It's like not even $15 for Dan and I monthly. Even if someone thinks they'll just be smart about things, you know, "I just won't burn candles..I just won't do this...." Don't they consider that their neighbor might be completely careless? I just have a hard time understanding this...I bet after this, those students will always have renters insurance. They just had to learn the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment